Under the direct supervision of the Business Manager, the Assistant Business Manager serves as the organization’s assistant accountant with responsibility for processing transactions including accounts receivable/payable, general ledger, cash controls and insurance. Enforces financial policies and procedures and ensures internal controls. Responsible for distribution of monthly department reports and for maintaining integrity of financial database.
MAJOR TASKS – FINANCE AND STUDENT BILLING
1) Oversee the student billing system for timely billing of accepted students/families and coordination with sending institutions for collection of tuition and financial aid dollars. Annually recommend to the Business Manager adequacy of reserves and write-offs.
2) Participate in annual external audit as primary contact for AR. Produce requested audit schedules relating to student accruals and accounts receivable balances. Prepare closing journal entries and adjustments as needed.
3) Support the Business Manager with the closing of the general ledger each month according to the schedule. Support the process of analyzing and reconciling balance sheet accounts, transfers and take corrective action where necessary.
4) Support the Fiscal Coordinator with processing accounts payable transactions, as directed. Reconcile gifts monthly with the Development Office (cash, stock, pledges and pledge payments).
5) Support the Business Manager with the timely production of accurate internal financial statements for monthly review by SEA’s managers. Assist with production of financial reports for the Finance Committee and the Board of Trustees.
6) Work closely with the Business Manager on legal and insurance issues and external reporting requirements. Develop and maintain knowledge of all SEA insurance policies and coverage.
7) Serves as resource to appropriate committees within SEA. Closely collaborates with the Enrollment Department.
8) Other duties as assigned.
Background in accounting and finance with experience in maximizing the use of technology and systems to work efficiently. Knowledge of Blackbaud, Raisers Edge and Hubspot a plus. Experience working with independent auditors preferred. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Bachelor’s degree required.
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
Compensation is $60,000/year (4-day work week). Benefits include medical/dental/vision/LTD/life insurances, FSA, retirement plans. Paid time off includes vacation/personal/sick/holidays.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter, resume and three business references to AsstBusinessMgrSearch@sea.edu ONLY. Do not apply online to a site where this ad is posted.