DIRECTOR OF FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION
Sea Education Association (SEA), www.sea.edu, invites applications for a full-time Director of Finance & Administration.
About SEA: SEA is a non-profit educational institution and an internationally recognized leader in undergraduate ocean education. Since 1971, SEA has educated undergraduates about the world’s oceans through its Boston University accredited study abroad program. SEA is located on Cape Cod in the oceanographic research community of Woods Hole and owns and operates two sailing research vessels: the SSV Corwith Cramer in the Atlantic Ocean and the SSV Robert C. Seamans in the Pacific.
SEA is an EOE committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We value input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the organization; our goal is to create an academic and working community that is rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity.
We’re a dynamic organization in search of a multi-faceted person who can provide strategic and day to day leadership broadly in the areas of finance, human resources/payroll, facilities management and technology.
Position office location: Falmouth, MA
The Director’s primary responsibility is to provide direction and management of financial resources to enhance the goals of the institution in a manner consistent with SEA’s mission and current and future fiscal health. A key component of this position is to provide financial expertise and leadership in all institutional planning efforts.
Reporting to the President, the Director of Finance & Administration works to implement best business practices, procedures, and systems throughout the institution to insure sound fiscal management.
- Develop, implement and oversee SEA’s annual operating budget, which is approved by the Board of Trustees
- Serve as member of the senior management team
- Manage the Business Office Manager, Human Resources/Payroll Coordinator, Shore Facilities Coordinator, Fiscal Coordinator, AP Coordinator and Network Administrator
- Regularly update and advise the President as to the current status of financial affairs and business-related activities
- Manage the investment of institution funds in accordance with Board instructions and in consultation with the Investment and Finance Committees
- Ensure compliance with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements
- Act as liaison to the Finance, Audit, Investment, and Risk Management Committees
- Participate in Trustee meetings and the annual and semi-annual meetings of the corporation
- Works collaboratively with fellow SEA team members, volunteers, trustees and board members
Qualifications, Experience and Education
The successful candidate will have proven managerial and leadership experience with demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills including
- The ability to motivate and coach
- Discretion and confidentiality a must, humor a plus
- Understanding of automated accounting systems
- Extensive knowledge of accounting principles and non-profit management
- Strong capital project experience
- He/She/They will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in business management in a supervisory role
- Broad knowledge of facilities and technology management, human resources/payroll, regulatory processes and insurance needs
- Substantial experience in establishing fiscal controls and in providing financial management for a school, college, not for profit or other equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business management, finance or related field required; CPA or masters level preferred
Benefits and Compensation
The salary range is $95,000 – $110,000 and commensurate with experience. SEA offers a full benefits package which includes health, dental, vision and life insurances, retirement plans, Aflac, flexible spending accounts, vacation/sick/personal time and holidays.
How to Apply
Please do not apply on any site you are reading this offer on…only applications sent to the following email address will be considered.
Send cover letter and resume to DFAsearch@sea.edu. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.