Sea Education Association (SEA) is a global teaching, learning and research community dedicated to the exploration, understanding and stewardship of marine and maritime environments. SEA empowers students with life-changing sea voyages of scientific and cultural discovery, academic rigor and personal growth. Our SEA Semester program features an interdisciplinary curriculum and dynamic leadership-development experience – at sea aboard tall ships and on shore.
SEA educates and inspires ocean scholars, stewards and leaders. SEA fosters and enhances knowledge about the state of oceans and coastal communities. It also helps shape public dialogue and policy through long-term environmental research, global partnerships and the continued impact of our students, faculty, and alumni worldwide. More information about SEA at www.sea.edu
SEA is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+ candidates. SEA is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We value input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the organization; our goal is to create an academic and working community that is rich with cultural, social, and intellectual diversity.
Support the President and Senior Management Group by managing all administrative functions associated with Board and Donor outreach and engagement as well as the smooth operations of Sea Education Association (SEA) at its Woods Hole campus.
- Perform administrative duties to assist the President in the efficient operation of President’s office.
- Assist in all communications to trustees and overseers, and coordinate production of meeting materials.
- Arrange travel and reservations for the President.
- Schedule appointments (maintain calendar) and arrange meetings, reserving meeting rooms and coordinating time and attendees. Set up technological equipment needed for committee, board, and Senior Management meetings. Take minutes as needed.
- Monitor budget, payment of bills and expense reports for the President.
- Maintain files, and update records and reports for the President on a timely basis.
- Support Alumni Relations, Annual Fund, and other fundraising activities including events, travel, mailings, and special projects on an as-needed basis.
- Perform other related tasks as required or as directed.
- Interact with donors when appropriate.
- Reports to the President
- Works closely with: Senior Management Group
- Frequent interaction with Trustees and Overseers
- Excellent office skills, strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Minimum of three (3) years of administrative support experience.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications including Word, Excel, Teams and Power Point plus Adobe. Some knowledge of fundraising database platforms, preferably Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge. Proficient with Zoom and other video conferencing platforms.
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills.
- Ability to work independently and concurrently on detail-oriented and confidential projects. Discretion required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Benefits & Compensation
The salary range for this position is $50,000 – $55,000, commensurate with experience. SEA offers a full benefits package which includes health, dental, vision and life insurances; retirement plans; flexible spending accounts; and generous vacation/sick/personal time and holidays.
This is an on campus in person position in Woods Hole, MA. SEA may provide a flexible work schedule.
How to apply
Please send cover letter and resume to ExecAsstSearch@sea.edu. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.