Support SEA’s World Class Faculty
They’re dedicated to educating young people and to seeking solutions to our planet’s most challenging problems. They embrace SEA’s philosophy of cooperative and experiential education.
At sea, our professors lead a shipboard staff of mates and assistant scientists chosen for their sailing experience as well as their teaching skills and commitment to experiential education.
Through the Launching Leaders Campaign, Sea Education Association seeks to significantly increase our endowment, including funding for endowed chair faculty.
BENEFITS OF ENDOWED FACULTY CHAIRS:
- Attract and retain world-class scholars who share their expertise with the next generation of ocean scientists, policymakers, historians, and global citizens.
- Strengthen SEA’s leadership position in ocean policy to positively impact the ocean environment and those who depend upon it.
- Increase access to the world of ocean conservation by elevating our faculty profile and opening doors to new collaborations.
- Recognize research and academic accomplishments.
- Attract future donors who value both a robust endowment and distinguished professorships.