THE SEA INSPIRES US.
Sea Education Association empowers students with life-changing voyages of scientific and cultural discovery, academic rigor and personal growth.
THE SEA UNITES US.
SEA shapes public dialogue and policy through long-term environmental research, global partnerships and the meaningful, measurable impact of our students, faculty and alumni worldwide.
SEA students develop the skills necessary to affect change in our world. They grow into global citizens and become a part of the global community SEA builds.
AND THE SEA COMPELS US.
Our tall ships are underway more than 240 days each year – purposefully, productively, and safely.
These are journeys of discovery designed to educate and inspire ocean scholars, stewards, and leaders, as well as to…
- Develop students’ decision-making, team-building, communications and leadership skills
- Teach college and high school students the science of our seas and coastal environments
- Help us understand that life itself is not possible without healthy oceans and the next generation of determined leaders to steward them.
LAUNCHING LEADERS CAMPAIGN PRIORITIES
- Complete major upgrades to our two tall ship ocean research vessels.
- Provide scholarships to diverse, highly qualified students who could otherwise not afford to sail with us.
- Endow faculty chairs for distinguished researchers and teachers.
- Improve our shore-based classrooms, labs, and residences – the essential springboards for excellence at sea.