The Campaign For SEA
The Launching Leaders Capital Campaign has reached a successful conclusion. Thank you for your support!
THE SEA INSPIRES US.
Sea Education Association empowers students with life-changing voyages of scientific and cultural discovery, academic rigor and personal growth.
THE SEA UNITES US.
SEA shapes public dialogue and policy through long-term environmental research, global partnerships and the meaningful, measurable impact of our students, faculty and alumni worldwide.
SEA students develop the skills necessary to affect change in our world. They grow into global citizens and become a part of the global community SEA builds.
AND THE SEA COMPELS US.
Our tall ships are underway more than 240 days each year – purposefully, productively, and safely.
These are journeys of discovery designed to educate and inspire ocean scholars, stewards, and leaders, as well as to…
- Develop students’ decision-making, team-building, communications and leadership skills
- Teach college and high school students the science of our seas and coastal environments
- Help us understand that life itself is not possible without healthy oceans and the next generation of determined leaders to steward them.
LAUNCHING LEADERS CAMPAIGN PRIORITIES
- Complete major upgrades to our two tall ship ocean research vessels.
- Provide scholarships to diverse, highly qualified students who could otherwise not afford to sail with us.
- Endow faculty chairs for distinguished researchers and teachers.
- Improve our shore-based classrooms, labs, and residences – the essential springboards for excellence at sea.
Launching Leaders Town Hall Meeting, May 25, 2022
By maintaining our ships to the highest standards, we provide safe, reliable platforms for life-changing educational experiences and scientific discovery.
Located in the world-renowned scientific community of Woods Hole, SEA’s campus provides access to collaborations with leading scientific organizations.
SEA’s success depends on exceptional scholars who engage one-on-one with students to provide an unparalleled experiential education experience.
SEA’s sailing programs have inspired more than 10,000 alumni who work in all areas of business, policy, research, education, advocacy, and the maritime fields.
The sea is calling…
We invite you to be a part of LAUNCHING LEADERS by making a gift to our campaign goal of $20 million. Your donation will serve as a help to ensure that we continue to answer the call of the sea for generations to come.
To learn more, or discuss your commitment to the Launching Leaders campaign, please contact the Polly Lyman, Director of Development at 508-444-1914 or email@example.com
Launching Leaders: The Planning Process
Launching Leaders began in late 2016 with a planning study. Staff, along with our campaign consultants, met with donors to understand their values and priorities, and ultimately develop a campaign fundraising plan that would best connect donors with SEA’s priorities. READ MORE